Friday, August 30, 2013

Candida Friendly "Sweets"

If you're like me, sweet things really finish a meal nicely. They also start a meal nicely, they're great in the middle of a meal, and are great for in between meals.

I challenged myself to make a few "desserts" for my sanity's sake.

No-Guilt-Bake Cookies

1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup blue agave sweetener
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Cups Oats or Buckwheat Groats
1 cup Oat Bran
dash of vanilla, if it's sugar free!

I just threw the coconut oil, vanilla, agave in the pot, waited til they mixed well.
I then added the cocoa powder and made sure all the clumps were gone.
I then added peanut butter, and raw almond butter (unsalted)
(I didnt do this, but i bet shredded coconut and cinnamon would be good!)

Once those were all boiling, I turned the heat off and added the oats and oat bran and chia seeds.

Just stir and spoon onto wax paper. You can shape them how you want. I like to put them in the freezer.

Granola

Ok, so I hate recipes, so I didn't really follow one for this, but I'll tell you how I made it and hopefully you can figure out how to make it in a way that is good. Everything is pretty much to taste.

1/2 cup Coconut oil
2 cups Buckwheat Groats or Regs Oats
1 cup Oat Bran
handful of Cinnamon
Stevia to taste
handful of Chia seeds
1/2 cup Almond slices
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded

Pour all the dry stuff into a bowl, minus the shredded coconut, mix it around. Add the coconut oil and make sure it's all coated. Put on a pan and bake at 300 for 12 minutes. Throw it all back in the bowl for a second to mix in the shredded coconut and then back on the pan and put it in for 12 more minutes. I'm not quite sure how to make it stick together, it kinda just was warm and awesome with plain yogurt and some berries.

Gourmet Parfait

Use the granola you just made and add some almond butter (unsalted) when you've mixed it around put a little patty of it in the bottom of a cupcake cup.

In a separate bowl, grab some berries and mix em around with stevia to taste (steve's not necessary though)
I like to squish em a little.

Add the berries to the top of the cups. Bake at 300 for like 15 minutes. Let them cool, but not in the fridge. They're good room temp or warmer. Add cold plain yogurt to the top and you have an awesome fancy looking dessert.

Hope these help, and that I've explained them well. I tend to throw stuff in a pot until it looks good. I urge you to do the same. If it looks good, it'll probably be good. Be creative and use the food you have in your cupboard!

Here's a list of things to buy at the store that you probably don't have laying around that have saved my life.

Coconut oil
unsweetened coconut shredded
stevia packets
blue agave nectar sweetener
oat bran
chia seeds
almond butter
plain keifer or plain yogurt
frozen berries

YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! If I could have nuts, I'd be all over that stuff. One thing though, is I think peanuts are thought to easily get contaminated by mold, and for that reason they're not usually allowed on the candida diet. However, these desserts are just so much better for you than sugar and white flour. You're doing so great!!! If you want, I'll send you muffin recipes.

    ReplyDelete