Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Candida Cleanse, here goes nothin...except sugar and yeast.

I went down to Olympia on the hottest day this whole summer for some well needed sister time. Something inside of me was reminding me that I have sisters who are extremely smart and also have experiences from which I need to glean. (I was going to say "glean from" but I heard my dads voice in my head)

The weekend consisted of swimming, Mario 3, american flag bathing suits and food too delicious to even talk about. I asked Linds a lot of questions about her health and her journey into eating what is good for her body, not just good for her mouth. How many of you know there is a big difference? amiright?

I came home with so much knowledge and insight, I felt so excited and ready! Then I went in to my room to go to bed and I had kind of a break down. I started venting. I was going to say praying..It was kind of praying but mostly just a very honest moment with myself and a plea for help. I started crying and I said "God, I feel like I've started this diet a million times. I feel like this is impossible. I feel like I always get excited to lose weight and become healthy and I am just disappointed. Show me that I can do all things through You or else I just won't know where to go from here."

I heard just then, in the way He always speaks, a very quiet and gentle voice saying "one day at a time."

It seemed so simple suddenly. It's like the knowledge from my head went right into my heart.

Today I will choose the right food. Today I will say no to sugar. Today I will remember that I am beautiful in the body I have now. Today is the day I will take back control of my stomach. Just for today.

So now I am in day 2 of my candida cleanse. I have already come home to freshly baked cookies, found a full Mt. Dew on the side of the road. Alos, I came to work and only had iced chai and coffee to drink that were pre-sweetened. This is a great lesson in self control. I'll definitely keep you posted. If I don't keep posting I wont have any internet accountability. I need it!

I feel pretty much awesome though!

1 comment:

  1. YEAAAAHHHHHH GIIIIIIRRRRLLLLLL!!!!!! Something I just thought of when you mentioned chai, don't drink black tea, it is fermented. No fermented things!!! Let me know if you have questions about that! No vinegar either. I am currently updating my blog with some of this info.

    ReplyDelete