Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ezekiel, I know how you feel.

That is a pretty broad claim, so let me clarify.

 In the story of Ezekiel, God gives Ezekiel a pretty heavy task. He tells Ezekiel to go to Israel and give the people a message that they aren't going to want to hear. In that moment, Ezzy is pumping himself up . He's running up the stairs like in Rocky and right hookin' the air saying "yeah, YEAH, I can DO this!"

He is taken to begin his task, and ends up in Israel. It says in Ez 3:15  "And I came to the exiles at Tel-abib, who were dwelling by the Chebar canal, and I sat where they were dwelling.  And I sat there overwhelmed for seven days."

Even though he KNEW what he had to do, and God showed him with a major sign, it still took him a week to start. He still needed to just think for a while. He needed a cookie, hug and a nap. (Those 3 things will make me feel better no matter what.)

I feel like Ezekiel in that moment. I started a blog, began a big task ahead of me, I pumped myself up as well as I could....then BLAM...I've been sitting here for seven days completely overwhelmed.

I have eaten MORE sugar than I usually do, in fact my diet has consisted almost completely of sugar related things. I haven't had any dairy though, and i haven't had one stomach problem!

I have not taken ONE picture of myself. I do have a great idea though, for the funniest and most lighthearted weight loss/body changing journal. I'm just gonna do it and not tell you what it is.

I think now that I've sat around overwhelmed for a week, I can begin the task ahead.

What I ate today, and i am fully aware that this is not only not enough food but it is pretty void of anything my body needs:

4 chocolate covered graham crackers (2 with some peanut butter)
1 banana
1 sausage/egg breakfast sandwich

cookie...hug...nap...here we go.



1 comment:

  1. Does picking at little odds and ends during the day help with not wanting to eat an entire feast? It does for me no matter what I eat. As long as it's small. I'm sure that isn't helping my energy levels. I'm sure your life is far more exciting and you have less time to prepare. Chocolate is my favorite too, especially if it's a busy day. Hope you're doing well on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete