Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wow, my body really is alive.

After years of mistreatment and abuse, we forget sometimes that our bodies are made to feel.
I thought everything was totally normal in and around my body. Boy was I wrong!
It's like my body has been numb to feeling good or bad, because I've ignored listening to it for so long.

Did you know that after you eat food, you are supposed to feel energy and nourishment?
Did you know that you don't have to feel bloated after one bite of food for the rest of the day?
Did you know that after you eat you should feel...wait for it...BETTER?

I thought it was totally normal that after I ate I was tired, had no energy, and saw stuff in my eyes (if i let them glaze over, which i do a little too often.) I must have never known what the original design of my body was.

Well, now I'm just shocked and also a little mad at myself for waiting so long to figure out that my body is mine. My body is made to feel things, to know what food tastes like. My body is made to give me signals when things are going wrong, or when it doesn't like something.

This last week I went to a summer camp. I stocked up on rice cakes, hummus, and vegatables.
It wasn't very long though, before i bombed through all of that and was subject to camp food. This camp food was definitely delicious and often had a salad or a yeast free option. I had to eat a little bit of each thing that I was avoiding. I figured I'd be ok, it had been a full week of no dairy, sugar, yeast or fermented things.

It was the day after I ate sugar, yeast and dairy that I started to notice how my body was reacting.
I was unbelievably bloated, gassy, tired, I broke out, i was constipated and my stomach just plain hurt. My stomach NEVER hurts! It was then I realized that my body really does feel better and that I have to get out of my mind that this food I am avoiding is the good stuff that I just can't have because POOR ME.

I started to get mad at everything, because I had been LIED to by EVERYONE.

Why do food businesses even SELL this stuff if it doesn't do anything but corrode our teeth and turn our insides into monsters!?

Can you imagine if we treated each other like we treat ourselves?
If we wouldn't give it to a child, we shouldn't eat it ourselves!

"No way, they can't have sugar! That's so bad for their teeth and they'll go crazy and crash later and be cranky."
YUP. YOU TOO.

"No way, they can't have SODA. That's full of chemicals!"
LISTEN TO YOURSELF.

"I'll never feed my child fast food. SO many calories and such little nutrition! I have no idea WHO is making that food or what their process is!"
EXACTLY!

Why do we think our bodies are invincible? We all need a lesson in self worth and valuing what we've been given. We all need to start loving our bodies...and I don't mean just love whatever size we are (which is important.) I mean really really love our bodies. Love them enough to not poison them and make them sick. We are worth SO much more! Maybe if we start to treat ourselves the way we treat others we will turn into that person we want to be in our heads. We might even end up the size we want to be.

I didn't realize how passionate I was about all of this until right now. You better believe I will do everything I can do to avoid these body poisoning foods!

Signing off for now,
AC


1 comment:

  1. Those terrible "foods" exist because people are making money off them. In a culture driven by wealth and with less concern for a healthy population, this is what happens. Our food is perverted. The fact that real, natural food is now special is incredibly disheartening. Not to mention whole bee colonies dying and Monsanto pushing genetically modified organisms (to ensure the wealth of their super huge corporation)...There are tons of documentaries on this that you could check out! Netflix has a bunch, let me know if you want to borrow my password! You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete