Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weeks 17-18

I'm in Arizona! 

Tim is here too. My brother in law just got married, but any excuse to get out of the northwest in February, AMIRIGHT?

It's so nice hanging out in the sun and having my mother in law feed me until I can't eat anymore. The first thing she says when I wake up is "time to feed those babies, how do you like your eggs?"

Well, maybe she says good morning first.
I love it.

So, I know this shouldn't be news by now but I'm getting bigger everyday, like not a little bigger but NOTICEABLY bigger. 

I'm so glad I'm past the "is she fat or pregnant" stage. Now I can wear maternity pants without guilt (like I ever did) and wear things that are tighter on my belly without being self conscious.

MY LOVELY BABY BUMP, checkitout

The babies are the size of a sweet potato each now, and have little eyelashes and fingernails and stuff. They don't move much, but I just figure they're kinda squished in there. I feel them sometimes like right when I wake up, because since I sleep on my side they're in a different position in the morning, all sticking up on one side.

I've been a little sicker the last few days. When I eat I immediately feel THANKSGIVING full and need to lay down or lean wayyy back to digest...for a while. I missed all the dancing at the wedding because of my stomach, but eh...who wants to dance to all their favorite songs anyway :'(

Can't wait til I'm really big though so I can dance and look insane. 

We're coming up on our appointment to find out the genders. We can't wait! Not so much to buy blue or pink things (boring) but to be able to pick names. We have so many in the running, and it'll be nice to know what to expect! I go back and forth what I think they are, but the man on the airplane next to me said "it's 2 girls" and then his wife leaned over and said "he hasn't been wrong yet"

We'll see sir. We'll see.

I automatically thought it was one of each, but lately I've had an inkling it's 2 boys. No real reason. 

It'll probably be triplets all of a sudden and really throw us off, because of course that'd happened to us.

It's been nice to see family and just rest and eat. Seeing my sister Steph has been great, mostly because she suggests cool names like "gibbles" pronounced like "jibbles" but with a g of course.

Also, another friend suggested the names "Magellen and Tesla." Those names are perfect I think. For girls. 

We are definitely on an adventure here in Norrisland, and I can't wait to see how it progresses! I feel pretty good, and I'm hoping it keeps up!

Until next week.



 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble with my comments going through! Well, my original went something like this:

    I have a friend who pointed out how funny it is when people ask a pregnant woman the sex of her child. It's basically like saying "So, what kind of junk will your baby have?" As an Evergreen student I feel compelled to point out that gender is a social construct of perceived masculine/feminine traits, while sex refers to biology, but of course they overlap and intersect a lot of the time. Most people don't know the difference but I feel like it's important to differentiate in a time when transgendered people need understanding and support! Blah blah blah liberal arts education! I love you.

    ReplyDelete