Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 19

Today I'm writing from a particularly sleepy state. I slept for 8 hours, but I'm just STILL tired! I know what you're thinking..."just wait, you don't know what tired is, you poor little first time mom" 

You're right, but I'm still tired, so there.

I'm feeling a little complainy, but I really have nothing to complain about. We drove home from a very relaxing time in Phoenix in our new MINIVAN. I'm telling you, it is the way to go! Baby or not! It's so roomy and such a smooth ride. I'm 6 feet tall and pregnant and I could stretch out in the front seat. It was glorious!

So, our babies are about 6 inches long now each (like a zucchini!) they are definitely on their way to making me really uncomfortable. There's some major pressure goin' on that makes it hard to do normal things. The other day I felt a sneeze coming on and I yelled "oh no! I'm gonna sneeze!" Tim ran over, not knowing what to do and tried to help by holding my legs in place, but when I let it out it made my stomach cramp like CRAZY and I yelled "OOWWWWIIEEE, OW OW OW"

It's like what little abs existed are now stretched to capacity and are unable to  protect my insides whatsoever from any outside force, whether it be sneezing or trying to sit up wrong.

Woah, when I was typing just now, I sneezed while typing "sneezing." 

I'm ok.

We're almost to 20 weeks now which is crazy cuz that means I'm 5 months pregnant! That's like, real life pregnant. 

If I thought my pants didn't fit before...oh man, good luck finding a rubber band long enough to hold the fly together now!

I watched a video of a baby moving around in someone's belly on YouTube. Man, that was a bad idea. It is CRAZY looking! Don't look it up if you want to sleep at night. It's called "baby moving and grooving in utero" 

That's right, not movin' and groovin' like it should be. 

It's STILL crazy to me that I'm actually growing children inside of my body. It's still unreal that there are 2! I am not sure when it'll become real, but so far it's just like I'm more fat and tired.

I started to think of funny things to do at a baby shower. I called my sister Summy to ask if she had ideas. She had already come up with a Pinterest board and a list of funny things to do. I knew she was the best person for the job! I'm thinking everybody has to dress like twins with someone else and eat double cheeseburgers. It's easy and something I already love doing. We'll see how it turns out! 

I've started nesting too. I didn't think it was real, but I have already purged almost everything I own that is unnecessary, and even some necessary things have been switched out for new ones. I think it'll kick into high gear after the baby shower when i actually have baby things to put out. 

We're getting very excited over here! Maybe I should set up a calendar for guesses on their birthday. The person who gets it right gets to bring us dinner after they're born! 

That's all for now! If you have any burning questions, you can comment and I'll try to answer them! Otherwise, until next week! 



 

1 comment: