Monday, September 16, 2013

Day #36 - The sweetness only lasts for a moment.

Truth is important. Without solid truth everything is relative and everything can be argued or discussed into not meaning anything at all.  Without truth, there is chaos. Without vision, we will wander off the straight path onto the "emotional, whatever I feel like, whatever someone tells me" path. That path quickly leads to nowhere. This is SO true for food.  There's no denying that eating bad food makes us feel bad. That's just the truth. When we eat poison, we get poisoned. The food we eat doesn't just disappear into thin air because we can't see it anymore, because it's within the dark and eerie insides of our body. For every action, there is a reaction.

As I reflect on this last month, I can't help but notice the action and reaction balance within my body. If I pay close attention I can see the actions and reactions clearly. It makes me wonder how I could have NOT noticed for about 20 years. I can't deny the effects of food anymore. No longer can I chug a Mt. Dew and pretend like it didn't happen. No longer can I look at a cinnamon roll and want it.

JK I'LL ALWAYS WANT A CINNAMON ROLL

Taste, though, only lasts for a moment. Taste is what I crave. The sweetness on my tongue for the moment is what I want. Chewing a huge bite of something warm and comforting is what I want. Sinking my teeth into something as big as my face is fun!

The sad truth is taste only lasts for a moment, but the effects of the food last for hours to days to weeks. If I'm not careful and let things pile up, the effects can last for years.

Why am I so quick to give in to something that feels good in the moment, but hurts me for longer? Maybe it's because I don't know the full truth of how I am made to feel, and can't see past the bite? Maybe it's my sweet ignorance that leads me to believing that there's no consequence to things I do or eat. The truth is food is made to bring life, not death. The truth is, there are consequences to my actions. I can keep our heads in the clouds if I want, but if I come down to earth I might see something I missed up there. I might see that I am  made to live with abundant life, energy, and a body that works properly!

I'm SO not there yet, but I'm beginning to see the truth. The way I'm made is better then the way I am treating myself! This might seem unattainable, but trust me, it's not!

Here's a little formula:

Eating food is an action = The way my body handles it is the reaction.
If I am eating for health and not out of craving, even when  it's hard I can come back to the truth. For me these are examples of truth for my body.

Apple = energy, boost
Water = clarity of mind, ease of digesting
Avocado = filling up without bloating
Donut = stomach ache, tiredness
Bread = instant gratification, bloatedness
Coffee = energy, comfort, caffeine addiction
Green Vegetables = long lasting energy, flat un-bloated stomach, some gas :(
Vitamin C = waking up early with a clear mind
Milk = stomach pain, gas
Cheese =extreme stomach pain, extreme gas

Those are off the top of my head, but the list could go on.

I've been getting messages from people that are blowing my mind. First of all, it's blowing my mind that people are reading this at all. Second of all, I am so honored that I would inspire ANYBODY! I love to answer questions if you have them, I'm pretty much an open book. You can email me or facebook message me and I'll do my best to answer or tell you more! Thanks so much for the support and encouraging words. I am so much more motivated when people are watching. (Call it the performer in me.)

Here's to treating ourselves as we deserve!

CHEERZ

1 comment: